We offer courses in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Romanian, Chinese and Latin, Italian for foreigners and Latin courses.
The policy of working in small groups allows our teachers to properly assess the progress of each student and give them the attention necessary to reach the established goals. Enrollment is open all year round, and to ensure proper organization should be completed 3 days before the starting date of the course.
Our offer is structured on the basis of twenty years’ teaching experience and includes:
- One to one courses (number of hours decided by the student)
- Group courses for 2 people ( packages of hours of variable duration)
- Group courses for 3 to 6 people (45 hours, 3 hours per week, two 1½ hour lessons per week)
- Group courses for 5 to 8 people (45 hours 3 hours per week, two 1½ hour lessons per week)
- Courses for children from 3 to 12 years of age (24 hours, One 1 hour lesson per week)
Groups of a similar level are formed by means of a free initial placement test. Each course is structured and targeted on the basis of the needs expressed by the individual student or the group.
The actual duration of a one hour lesson is sixty minutes.
- Individual courses are personalized according to the needs of the student. If you do not reside locally and are interested in studying a language, you should consider taking lessons by telephone or via Skype.
- These courses start year round and have different characteristics and duration depending on the number of participants. The course offers uniform and gradual acquisition of the language. Groups are formed from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 8 participants.
- Our objective is to introduce children to a second language playfully by means of songs, games, storytelling, and manual activities. We offer three-month courses of 24 hours. Groups are formed from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 children.
Training of groups of people at the same level of learning takes place via an initial test, free of charge.
All our teachers are native speakers of the language they are qualified to teach.
Centro Linguistico Agorà successfully prepares students to pass internationally recognized exams in English (Cambridge, TOEFL, Trinity College London) and in all the other languages.
Testing and Certification.
Prospective participants are organized into homogenous groups according to the results of a placement test administered gratis by Centro Linguistico Agorà teachers.
Centro Linguistico Agorà is a testing centre for assessing fluency in English for Trinity College of London, a certifying body recognized by the Italian Ministry for Public Instruction. Students have also prepared for the TOEFL exam with us and have enjoyed great success.
Students of the other languages taught at CLA are also prepared for the respective recognized exams:
- Zertifikat Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Zentrale Mittelstufenprüfung (ZDF, ZM);
- Diplôme d’Etudes de Langue Française, Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française (DELF, DALF);
- Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE);
- Certificazione di Italiano come lingua straniera (CILS);
The teaching staff at Centro Linguistico Agorà have been preparing military personnel for the All-Forces Unified Test, a test written to NATO STANAG 6001 Amplified standards used by the Carabinieri Language School at Rome to qualify its personnel in various languages, with excellent results for several years.